Welcome to the VOLIFE Privacy Center
We take your personal data very seriously
Welcome to the VOLIFE Privacy Centre – an area detailing how VOLIFE shares data and protect privacy. We developed this area to help you learn more about our Privacy Values, how your data is shared and why it’s important for us to share it.
- Help connect voluntary opportunity seekers with more listings and organisations
- Improve and customise services for our users
- Enhance security for our users
This data sharing benefits both volunteer opportunities and volunteers. You can learn more below or find answers to some frequently asked questions.
The information provided here doesn’t change how each of the sites collects or shares your personal data. That’s governed by the individual privacy and cookie policies on each site. If you have specific questions about a particular site, we encourage you to visit that site’s help center for further information.
Our privacy values
Prioritising your trust
Whether we’re helping you find jobs or great candidates, we value the trust you place in us. To maintain that trust we make significant investments to protect your personal data. These efforts are guided by our privacy values:
- We treat all users equally by providing a broad suite of global privacy rights. Any user can request:
- access to their personal data
- deletion of their personal data
- a portable version of their personal data
- restriction of or objection to certain processing of their personal data
- We adhere to a policy of privacy by design, which informs how we build and operate our services.
- We’re transparent about what personal data we collect and how it’s processed.
- We ensure the personal data we gather will primarily be used for the purposes of helping our job seekers find jobs, our employers find great candidates and improving the services we provide to you.
- We limit our collection and storage of personal data to what’s adequate, relevant and necessary.
- We keep your personal data accurate and up to date, where appropriate.
- We process your personal data using appropriate security and confidentiality.
- We demonstrate accountability and responsibility under applicable privacy laws.
The benefits of data sharing
Why do you need my data anyway?
Data sharing not only provides a range of benefits to job seekers and employers, it also enables us to improve our services to you.
Data sharing improves our services to you
Data sharing allows our sites to provide personalised and improved content, performance, features and services.
For example, our sites may use and share your previous search or browsing history (e.g. the jobs you click on) and your resume or profile information to determine relevant search results and job alerts. Data sharing may also help provide career insights such as company reviews, job listing salary data, interview tips and more.
This sharing also helps improve data analysis, testing, research and service improvement across our sites.
Data sharing facilitates better security
Sharing data allows our site to better protect our users. In particular it allows affiliated sites to improve user security and internal operations. It also facilitates troubleshooting and detection and prevention of fraud and spam.
Site activity recording
What we do with the data
We process your activity on the affiliated site to help us better understand how you use them. This helps us improve and inform the products and services we offer. All of which allows us to help you find jobs.
It’s important to note that our sites can’t work as intended without this data collection and sharing. This includes processing, collecting, analyzing, storing and sharing your data amongst each other or with third party service providers, including in real-time. Data collected can include any and all interactions and communications you have on our site. It may also include without limitation the areas of the affiliated sites you visit and where you click, scroll, hover, mouseover or otherwise interact with our sites. It may also include when and for how long each activity occurs.
Because it’s critical to how our site operates, if you do not want your actions to be collected, processed, or analysed, you will need to cease using our site.